Tuesday 28 February 2012

Naked Too....


I have never been an eye shadow fan. I do a smoky eye occasionally if I’m feeling daring, but find that for everyday, a slick of liquid eyeliner and mascara is easier and less likely to end up all over my face. However, I have been tempted to the dark side (well, the neutral, nude sort of side) by an eye shadow palette that is just divine, namely Urban Decay’s Naked 2, which has changed my life. For the last few days I have jumped out of bed with relish before the baby squeaks (very un-me, let me tell you, I think 12 hours sleep is short changing my body) to carefully apply one or two of the subtle shades onto my sleepy peepers.

The shades are warm enough, but not too warm, to look like an old bruise, if you get my meaning. They have lots of pigment, so go on amazingly well and last all day (especially if you use them with the UD  primer potion eye base), and generally look epic. The set comes with a free brush, which unlike most freebies, is actually really good. It also come with a red lipgloss, which seems a strange combination to me, but I am a nude lip kinda girl (MAC Boybait, Underage, Florabundance NARS Turkish Delight, Striptease, Chelsea Girl to name a few!).



There are 12 shades to choose from, ranging from a soft creamy gold called Foxy, through shimmery taupe (Pistol), an every day brown (Tease) to a punchy black (Blackout).  My favourites are Pistol and Verve, for a shimmery taupe eye, works for daytime as more of a wash, or the evening with Busted shading, and Tease for an everyday, chuck it on sort of look. I’ve recently been trying tight lining (more on this in a later post, but it involves working damp eyeshadow into your lash line, under your lashes, to give definition and the illusion of longer lashes), which works really well with these shades, for a soft lined eye, without the harshness of a liquid. A slick of black mascara (I'm currently using Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes).

I am now a total eyeshadow convert, and can’t wait for my next evening out, so I can try some of the shimmery shades (Half Baked in particular). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....