Thursday 8 November 2012

Kerastase Elixir Ultime Masque and Shampoo: Reviewed

I am a huge fan of Kerastase products, and have enjoyed using the Elixir Ultime oil over the last few months. I prefer it to Moroccan Oil, which is a very similar product, as it is lighter and doesn't weight my hair down so much. So, when I saw that Kerastase had released a masque and shampoo in the Elixir Ultime range, I had to try it. 



The range is based on 'sublime oils' (argan, camelia, maize and pracaxi), which nourish your hair, restoring shine and softness. I really believe that lipid rich oils are fantastic at moisturising skin and hair, and am frequently found lathering several on at a time, and the Elixir Ultime range is no exeption. The shampoo is gentle on my colour treated, fragile hair, and the masque is perfect for restoring softness and  sheen (I can't say shine when talking about my hair, it would be a horrible lie. After 15 years of bleach, there is no shine left!). I leave the masque on for about 5 minutes, which seems enough to deliver fabulously conditioned, healthy hair. 


These products, unlike lots of the Kerastase ranges, are designed for all hair types, so won't weigh greasier hair down, or leave any residue, as some heavier products can. For my dry, damaged hair, I use it once or twice a week, and then try and use something a little richer once a week, to really boost it. The other real plus point of the masque in particular, is that, unlike most masques and treatments, this one does not make your hair greasy. i find that after using a masque, I have to wash my hair quite soon afterwards, as it gets greasy really quickly. Not so with this one, which is great if you are a) lazy or b) if hair washing is a real luxury in your busy life!

Kerastase Elixir Ultime Range, from £16.10 for the shampoo. I buy mine from Feel Unique


1 comment:

  1. Nice review!

    xx
    FashionEvELand | FEEL
    http://fashioneveland.blogspot.gr/2013/04/feel-10-take-care-of-you-with-body-shop.html#comment-form
    https://www.facebook.com/FashionEvELand?ref=tn_tnmn

    ReplyDelete

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....