Thursday 17 May 2012

Top Beauty Buys


I haven't written about my favourite beauty products for at least a day now, so thought I'd share another list of products that I have been using and loving over the last few weeks.


Diorskin Nude Skin-Perfecting Hydrating Concealer: This is a absolute gem of a concealer, it blends in ridiculously easily (much better than cake style concealers) due to its 65% Active Mineralized Water content (Mr G would laugh at this and say I was promoting what is basically tap water. I probably am, but it works, trust me!). Unlike lots of very creamy concealers, it gives amazing coverage and lasts all day, without being at all cakey or claggy. I have been using it around my eyes and on red areas, and adore it, i will never use anything else. It's leagues above the well known under eye concealers, as it blends in better, and gives a more even skin tone (I often find that the light reflecting concealers make my eyes look a bit scary and leave a white-ish tinge, especially in photos). It comes in three shades, ivory, beige and honey.




Soap and Glory, Hocus Pocus: This flaw softening lotion is perfect for a night out, as a base, or mixed in to your foundation to add a soft glow which make wrinkles,large pores and imperfections fade into oblivion. It gives instant results, and leaves a dewy finish, which I adore. It's also a bit easier on the wallet than lots of primers and base products I have tried, so definitely worth a try. I have also been using Soap and Glory's Supereyes, which instantly gives eyes a boost, and makes you look a bit less tired (3 for 2 in Boots, got to love it!), and I highly rate as well.




Bioeffect EGF Serum: I've been toying with buying this Icelandic 'wonderproduct' for a while now, and caved in a few weeks ago. It's a scientific product, (aka, I don't really understand what the leaflet or website are talking about), but which is designed to improve skin texture, firmness and general signs of aging and fatigue in 6 weeks. It is huge in Iceland, and gets rave reviews all over the place. It's not cheap, in fact it's bloody expensive, but it is fabulous. It really works, and has made a huge difference to the fine lines on my face. It has an odd texture, not greasy, almost plastic-y and smoothes on really easily. It gives the most amazing glow once it has sunk in, and after three weeks I am an convert. Bioeffect recommend you use it for 6 weeks to get the full effects, so I am excited to see if my skin continues to improve.




No. 7 Airbrush Away Primer: Another great product from the Boots No.7 stable, this really works, if you are looking to minimise pores and give a smooth canvas for makeup, that helps it to stay all day. If you watch the promotion video that Boots released with it, you can't help but be impressed, and it's all true. This is a brilliant and reasonably priced primer that does exactly what it claims.








Diorskin Nude Skin-Perfecting Hydrating Concealer, £20.50, available nationwide from Dior counters


Soap and Glory Hocus Pocus £13, SuperEyes, £9, available from Boots


Bioeffect EGF Serum, £49 for 5ml, £125 for 15ml, available from bioeffect.co.uk


No. 7 Airbrush Away Primer, £19.50, available from Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....