Monday 4 June 2012

Seche Vite Top Coat



I'm a bit late to the party when it comes to Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. Every manicure I've had recently has used this top coat, and if you Google it, it gets fab reviews. InStyle named it their best top coat in both their UK and USA editions. Despite all of this, I have only just got round to trying it myself. Tut tut! 


It claims to be a super durable, quick drying top coat, that penetrates the nail polish to make it much more chip proof than any other top coat. It is also very glossy, undeniably glass like when applied. My views are pretty positive. I think it really does prevent chipping, dries quickly, which is a godsend when painting you nails in the same house as a toddler, and the shine is second to none. However, it is not all good. First of all, instead of chipping, it does allow your nail varnish to peel at the edges. To me, this is infinitely better than chipping, and only happened after a couple of days, but I don't think it's hugely good for your nails. It's also quite expensive compared to other top coats. It's also a bit thicker than a normal polish or top coat, which makes it harder to apply. You need to use a little more than you would normally to get a super smooth finish, which is annoying, as using too little leaves a bumpy, streaky finish.






I like it, and will stick with it over my previous top coat (Start to Finish by OPI, which didn't do a whole lot). Definitely worth a go if you like a high shine finish on your nails, but don't expect miracles!




Seche Vita Dry Fast Top Coat, £9.95, available from Sally's and online

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....