Friday 2 November 2012

Glow-tions and Potions

Yesterday, a friend asked if I could recommend a good product for a little added glow and shimmer. As my favourite type of products, I could have rattled off twenty good ones, but decided to write a blog post about it, with my favourite products for a that glowy look everyone sees to love.

All over glow

First up, there are a couple of products which are fab for all over glow to the face. I am a bit hesitant to slap products designed to add shimmer and glow all over my face, as I find they can highlight imperfections, but these ones do work all over, and look incredible when paired with some of the products in the next section!

Shu Uemera Stage Performer Instant Glow

A rather unassuming creamy product, which is moisturising and packed full of ingredients to really make your skin look glowy and perfect.


This Works Perfect Look Skin Miracle

I love this product for giving my skin that super healthy glow that you can never get unless you are actually healthy (Mr. G starts get scared when I wear it, as I only ever glow when I'm pregnant). Less sheen or glow heavy, more of a radiance, I love it. It comes out looking like mustard (or baby poo) but goes on sheer and leaves your skin perfect and warm.



For a bit of coverage, packed full of glow, I use YSL Teint Touche Eclat (literally the best foundation in the world) or By Terry Eclat De Rose, both are brilliant for some glow with a hint of coverage (but nothing too heavy).

Highlighting Products


Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector

I blogged about this recently, but could not write about highlights without mentioning it. It really is brilliant for the glowy look, and is devoid of glitter, so brilliant for every day. i use it on my cheekbones, under my outer eyebrows and, occassionally, down the bridge of my nose and in the centre of the top of my lip. Pearl is a great colour for paler skins, and Opal is lovely for adding a little warmth.



Benefit High Beam

An oldie but a goody. I have never tired of this brilliant highlighter. It's slightly pink colour works brilliantly on my skin, and stays put all day.


Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick

Another product that has been around for a long time, but with good reason. A sort of shimmery blush, it adds a massive dose of shimmery glow to your skin in the sweep of a brush. Use sparingly, for that radiant glow! I love the Rose shade.








Shu Uemera Stage Performer Instant Glow, £36 from Shu Uemera counters and online

This Works Perfect Look Skin Miracle, £28, available from Boots

YSL Teint Touche Eclat, £28 from YSL counters nationwide and online

By Terry Eclat de Rose, £60 from Space Nk

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, £33, available from Becca stores and online (Cult Beauty stock it)

Benefit High Beam, £18.50, available from Benefit stores and counters nationwide and online

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, £32 from Bobbi Brown counters


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....