Tuesday 22 January 2013

Chanel Spring 2013 and other stories

In the face of freezing cold weather, and lots of stresses at home (we are moving house, it's been pretty nightmarish), I have found solace in make up, and lots of it. So, in order to feel a little less guilty, I thought I'd share some of my best buys of 2013 thus far...

Chanel Spring Collection 2013 (Printemps Pricieux de Chanel)





This collection is to die for. It's everything that I love about make up; soft glowy skin, subtle and defined eyes, and fresh pink lips and nails, all packaged up in some yummy Chanel packaging. The highlighter ((Poudre Signee de Chanel) is the stuff of dreams, a warm luminious peachy pink , that adds a divine finish to your skin. The eyeshadow quartet in Raffinement is perfect for daytime, with soft pinky browns and a stunning aubergine shade (much more wearable than you might think), but can be built up for evening and suped up with a slick of the Stylo Yeux waterproof eyeliner in Santal. And do not even get me started on the beautiful nail polishes, Fantasque is stunningly pretty and Envoutante is suitably dark and dramatic for my toes. 



Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Foundation

I adore the YSL Touche Eclat foundation for it's dewy finish and ability to make me look fresh and awake after the roughest of nights, but this foundation by Benefit is a pretty good stand in. It's very light and blends in beautifully to leave skin that looks even and clear, but not obviously layered in foundation. It's touted as being a brightening foundation, and I quite agree. It adds a freshness and glow to skin which I adore. 




Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Excess Mascara


A brilliant new find, this mascara adds volume, length and drama to eyelashes, and stays put all day, without flaking or smudging. It's a dream to apply, and separates your lashes out as it goes on, so is ideal for that doll eyed look. Or, if you like thicker lashes, a second coat gives really long, dark lashes. Perfect!






Nisim FAST shampoo




Yes, I read into the hype, and bought some of this, supposed 'miracle' shampoo, that promises long, luscious locks in weeks. Mr. G (who has a degree in biochemistry) finds it hilarious, but I am already convinced my hair has grown a ridiculous amount in the three weeks I have been using it. Maybe it's a placebo, maybe not, but I'm giving it a go!! I'll let you know if I get any actual results to speak of....



Chanel Spring Collection 2013, available from Chanel make up counters nationwide 

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation, £24.50 from Benefit counters and online

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara, £23 available from Armani counters and online

Nisim FAST Shampoo, £12.99, available from Amazon and Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....