Thursday 11 April 2013

Dry Skin Make Up

Dry skin can be an absolute nightmare, and this Narnia-esque winter is doing nothing for my already slightly parched skin. I find that the drier my skin is, the harder it is to get an even base. Fundation tends to sit on my skin more and never looks fresh or dewy. However, I have found a couple of fab products recently that really work for my skin, so might be worth a look.

Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturising Balm

This is akin to a tinted moisturiser, but gives a little more coverage, and is absolutely sublime. It comes in a pretty massive pot, and smells divine, almost citrusy. It blends in so easily and feels lovely on the skin. The finish is smooth, glowy and healthy looking skin. It is very light, and gives a sheer veil of radiance to the driest of skin. I honestly adore this product, and can't stop using it. 


Benefit Fake Up Concealer

Initially I was a bit dubious about this product, as it looks like it would be very greasy and give little coverage, due to the 'hydrating ring' band around the core of concealer. A little slick under my eyes, and I realised how wrong I was. The outer ring helps the product to gently glide over your skin, imparting concealer on my enormous bags, whilst moisturising  Once patted in, it stayed in place as long as any other product I have tried, but didn't crease. A fab alternative to the light reflective pens for drier skins.


Beauty Blender

Not exclusively for dry skin, but I have found it is particularly good on parched areas, the Beauty Blender is an egg shaped make up sponge that gives a brilliant, smooth finish. It's a bit strange, if you are not used to using sponges, but you dampen it down to use and then stipple it all over your face to get really even, flawless foundation. I can't lie, it takes a while, and is certainly not something I have time to use every day, but when you have the time to really work on your base, this makes it look stunning. I particularly like it for softening under eye concealer and smoothing the edges of cream blusher so get that flawless finish. Look on YouTube if you want some amazing tutorials!












Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturising Balm, £34. Available in 8 shades from Bobbi Brown counters nationwide and online

Benefit Fakeup, £18.50, available in 3 shades, from Benefit counters nationwide and online

Beauty Blender, from £13. I bought mine from Amazon, but Austique on the Kings Road stocks them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....