Monday 27 February 2012

Sonic Skincare


Since having my first daughter my skin has been all over the place, only getting worse with my second pregnancy. It fluctuates between being very dry and sensitive, to breaking out in random patches of spots and redness. In despair, I decided to invest in a Clarisonic Mia, as I had heard amazing things about it, from eliminating break outs, to evening out skin tone, firming and improving texture…..I was sold (it doesn’t take much…)

Well, it comes with a pretty hefty price tag, of £140, and basically is a brush that whizzes round like a giant electric toothbrush, using sonic technology to break down dirt and congestion and get your skin super clean and gently exfoliated.

It comes with its own brand of face cleanser, but I decided to use my own favourite face wash, Dermalogica Special Cleansing gel. The first few goes with it were a bit strange, literally like using your toothbrush to wash your face, but it takes one minute and definitely gets all of the grime of the day off.  

I really like it as a product, but I don’t think it is worth the price tag, as it doesn’t do anything that remarkable. My skin has been exactly the same as it was before I started using it, possibly slightly clearer but not noticeably firmer or smoother. If anything, it is slightly drier in patches (around my mouth especially), but I’m not sure whether it would be fair to attribute that to the Clarisonic solely, as my skin can be a bit crazy.

On the plus side, my daughter thinks it is the funniest toy she has ever seen, and can while away a good 15 minutes switching it on and off  when she finds it in the bathroom (giving me just enough time for me to shower, which makes the pricetag totally worth it all of a sudden!).

I’d love to hear what other people think of it, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....