Saturday 17 March 2012

A little Saturday morning nudity

Don't panic mum! I mean nude lipgloss, not actual nudity. It's way too early for that! I promised to blog about lipgloss, as I love the stuff, so here goes. Unfortunately, if you are a fan of anything other than nude or soft pinks, you are going to be very disappointed. I have a fear of colourful lipstick or lipgloss. I have rocked a red lip once or twice, but always scared myself when looking in the mirror. The reason being that I am not a huge fan of my mouth, huge being the operative word. So, drawing attention to it with a big red or hot pink circle is never going to work for me. I am currently a little bit in love with Lana Del Ray's plump, nude lips (she wears YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Blond Ingenu).

I have spent years collecting the best nude lipglosses and lipsticks. I challenge anyone to name one that I haven't triend at one point. I prefer a gloss to a lipstick, as I find lipsticks a little drying and harder to apply without a mirror (welcome to my world). my absolute favourite ever is MAC Underage, which is a peachy toned nude, with a soft pink hint to it. It's sheer enough, that it doesn't look like you have concealer on your mouth, but gives a good punchy nudeness to even the redest of lips. It also lasts really well.

Excuse the laundry in the background, but here is a dodgy photo of me wearing Underage!


Other faves include Nars Turkish Delight (a yummy pale pink, that Kim Kardashian introduced me to...no, sadly, we are not friends, I just read her tweets way too often!), and Nars Chelsea Girl and Striptease (a true nude with lots of pigment). Mac have such a good selection, and the best are BoyBait, Fashionwhip (both Cremesheens, so sheer and creamy) and C-Thru and Florabundance (classic lipglass). I also adore Laura Mercier Bare Pink, which is a great, sheer nude, but sadly my daughter decided to hide it somewhere last week, and it still hasn't turned up....I'll remember that when she is a teenager and begging to buy makeup!

From top: Nars Chelsea Girl, Nars Turkish Delight, Mac Underage, Mac C-Thru, Mac Boybait, Mac Fashionwhip, Mac Florabundance, Revlon Peach Petal, Nars Striptease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....