Friday 11 May 2012

BB Cream....



I've been hearing so much about BB Cream's in the press recently, but been reluctant to try one, as I have more foundations and tinted moisturiser than I can shake a stick at. However, when I heard that Dior had released a version, I was tempted beyond belief, and duly bought a tube.


If you are not familiar with BB Cream's, they are a type of foundation product, which are hugely popular in Asia. The BB stands for Blemish Balm, and they are designed to improve your skin, whilst making it look better. It was originally devised for skin that had been lasered, as a gentle alternative to foundation, and has slowly gained popularity since. They are touted as anti-inflammatory, and gently moisturising, and multi-tasking, combining primer, foundation, moisturiser and sunblock into one product.






The Dior version gives light, matte coverage, and definitely illuminates and evens out skin tone. I really like the product, but there is a massive draw back. It only comes in one shade, which is a lot darker than my natural skin tone. With a good layer of fake tan (Chanel is my favourite), it just about works for me, but needs a lot of blending. However, when blended I got lots of nice compliments on how 'well' I looked, although I don't know if this was due to the absence of my normal vampiric skin hue or the BB Cream.


I love the concept of a multi tasker, especially one that includes a good sunscreen (this one is factor 30). It's not at all greasy, and looks great, provided you are the right skin colour! Estee Lauder make a version with two shades, but it's pretty hard to get hold of (they don't even sell it in the US). Other brands to try are Garnier, the first company to release a BB cream, and is much more moisturising than the Dior version, with a sheer finish, Mac, Clinique and No.7.




Dior HydraLife BB Creme £41 from John Lewis


Garnier B.B. Cream Miracle Skin Perfector, £7.49, 


Estee Lauder Daywear B.B Cream, £32


17 BB Blemish Balm, All in One Magic Makeup, £4.99, 


Clinique Age Defence BB Cream SPF30, 

MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF35, £21, 

No 7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream, £15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....