Tuesday 3 July 2012

Shower My Baby!

My gorgeous friend Julie hosted a baby shower for me at the weekend, and I wanted to share all the details with you. I have never been to a baby shower before, and although we had a party to celebrate Fifi's impending arrival, it was not a typical baby shower. So, this time round, Julie, who comes from the USA offered to throw me a proper one, even though its normally only for a first baby. And it was such fun!!! 


So, the basic idea, for those of you who are unfamiliar, is that a good friend hosts it at her home, and invites your close girl friends to have champagne (or elderflower if you are the pregnant one!), cake and yummy nibbles, while you get spoilt with baby gifts and have a good chat to your friends. All very tasteful and gorgeous.




They can be themed, which makes them a little bit more fun, so we went for a pirate theme, as baby G is named after the family pirate (click here for an explanation!). Cue an incredible pirate ship cake, skull and cross bone accessories, and you get the idea. It was such a nice excuse for me to catch up with my friends, who I seem to see less and less at the moment, and have a good old natter. The presents weren't exactly a hardship either, so much fun opening little blue parcels full of gorgeous gifts for baby G, he is such a lucky little boy!






So, I have decided that every pregnant friend I have from now on absolutely must have a baby shower, even if it's just a small affair, to catch up with friends and feel spoilt before the baby arrives. Pinterest has so many ideas on it, I've started a board solely dedicated to adorable showers. Follow the link below to have a look!




Pinterest Board for Baby Showers! 


Pirate Ship cake, by Domino Purchas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....