Saturday 27 October 2012

Fabulous Fudge

I'm not a sweetie sort of person. I never really eat dessert and don't ever crave sweet stuff. My weakness is for hot, buttered toast, and lots of it! But there is a sweet treat that holds a special place in my heart, and that is fudge. When I was growing up, every time my grandparents went on holiday, they would return with exotic presents for my mum, brother and me, but without question, my dad would be given a box of fudge. Every year. Without fail.




In a wilful rebellion, he refused to eat it, claiming to dislike fudge, so my brother and I were given free reign to eat it. And, my goodness, I now love the stuff. Sweet, crumbly, buttery fudge is the confectionery of my dreams. And this year, just to be controversial, I am going to bring a few boxes of the good stuff to my parents house for Christmas (oh god, please don't let my children be as horrible as I am to my parents!). My fudge of choice is from Cornwall, an adorable company called Buttermilk Confections, who make the most exquisite, handmade fudge (in the proper copper pans).

There are no two ways about, it's delicious (especially the rum and raisin!). Award winning fudge, made by the nicest people you are likely to meet, who also happen to have a rather cute son (I'm lining Fifi up to marry him, I'd be in fudge heaven for ever!). Buttermilk Confections deliver all over the UK, and do some brilliant and delicious sweet gifts. Dad, watch out, guess what you are getting for Christmas this year...



Buttermilk Confections, from £3.99 for a 200g gift box. Check out the website for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....