Monday 14 October 2013

Detox Time

For the last few months I've been feeling increasingly lethargic, bloated and out of sorts. Despite exercising 3 or 4 times a week, nothing was making me feel better. So, I decided to start on a healthy eating regime, beginning with a juice detox.




The lovely people at Purifyne, sent me a 3 day signature cleanse; a yummy array of organic, cold pressed juices, with lots of additional supplements thrown in, to really clear out the system. 

I can't lie, it was hard. Watching Mr.G hide in a kitchen cupboard in order to eat ice cream without me seeing, was a low spot. The second day, was really hard. I felt exhausted, with flu like symptoms, and went to bed obscenely early. But, before I put off too much, after 3 days, I felt incredible. Seriously amazing. I felt energised, postive and slim. I lost a few pounds, and my 'mummy tummy' was really flat. I felt full of health and vitality. And bloody proud of myself. So proud in fact that I continued cleansing (with a more homemade approach, buying good quality shop bought juices) for a further two days. 

In fact, I'd go as far as to say it has totally changed my approach to food. I've always been a comfort eater, diet coke junkie and partial to way too much wine. But cutting it out completely, made me realise how much caffeine, alcohol and sugar can negatively affect your mood, weight and skin. Mr. G gave up caffeine last week ( he was drinking up to 4 pints of coffee a day, seriously !), having seen the massive boost in my energy levels, and totally agreed. It's shocking how much we rely on these things, which  do seem to make you feel worse in the long run.

I'm going to try and cleanse every two months, and am eating a much healthier diet in the interim. Alkaline food (see Honestly Healthy for more info) agrees with me, as does a vegan ( ish, I need a bacon sandwich every once in a while ) diet. I am feeling better than ever, and I put it all down to my juice cleanse !


Purifyne Cleanse, see www.purifynecleanse.com for more details. A mini cleanse starts at £89.

Honestly Healthy, a great resource for alkaline food. Visit www.honestlyhealthyfood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....