Sunday 1 April 2012

Beauty secrets for busy mum


Following on from last week’s theme of treating yourself every now and then, I wanted to share some local secrets that I swear by!
I just don’t have the time or childcare to go to salons and spas for beauty treatments, so I rarely end up having them. However, in the last few months I have discovered a whole world of therapists and beauticians who will come to your home and make you look beautiful or feel relaxed, without the hassle of traipsing across town. I thought I’d share my favourites with you….
First up are eyelashes. I love wearing makeup, but with little ones waking up at the crack of dawn, I don’t always have the time or inclination to reach for the mascara (or hairbrush for that matter!). I’d heard that eyelash extensions made wearing mascara a thing of the past (and hopefully, puffy, porcine morning eyes!) and was lucky enough to stumble across Hannah at Love Lash, who does the most natural eyelash extensions I’ve ever seen.
She will come to your house or you can visit her in Parsons Green, where she will painstakingly apply individual lashes to your own to give you wide awake and glamorous eyes! They last for 3-4 weeks before they need a top up, but I adore them and can’t recommend them highly enough. Visit her website at www.love-lash.com for further details.
The sunny weather has started my eternal fake tanning quandary early this year. You may have read in my blog about my tanning disaster when I was a child (I mistook my mum’s fake tan for moisturiser and slapped it on….not ideal), and now spend summer cautiously trying to get a golden glow that looks natural, without too much effort.
I have been fortunate enough to find Kiren, who comes to your home with a mobile spray tan pop up booth, and scrubs, preps, moisturises and protects hands and feet (there is nothing worse than orange palms), before coating you in a layer of custom colour by Beaubronz, an organic, paraben-free tan. She finishes with a layer of juniper berry and glycerin spray to seal it in, mositurise and make you smell good. This helps the tan to last for up to nine days, so perfect for a holiday. She is full of good advice, like not to scrub your skin or use a loofah to prolong the tan, and keep moisturising (she recommends cocoa butter) to keep it looking fresh and healthy! She also tans lots of famous people, so I felt in very good hands, and am still glowing nearly a week later. Kiran’s website is www.tan-me-tans.coand mobile 07957 138 009
If this all sounds like too much hard work, then how about a massage in the comfort of your own home? Massage is an amazing way of unwinding and relaxing, while helping with issues such as water retention (a pesky pregnancy complaint) and muscle tension. The wonderful Kate from In Motion Massage, will visit you at home, bringing her table and delicious massage oils and will literally rub your worries away. I have suffered from lower back and shoulder aches and pains for as long as I can remember, but since meeting Kate, they are becoming a thing of the past. There is a huge choice of massages, from Deep Tissue to Hot Stone, and best of all, she loves doing maternity massage, so there is no excuse not to indulge! For more details, go to www.inmotionmassage.co.uk or call her on 07856 524011. And, a little tip, if you are reading this and have a pregnant partner or friend, trust me, treat her to a gift voucher and she will be eternally grateful!


Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/views-and-blogs/lashes-and-little-ones/2012/03/30/lashes-little-ones-beauty-and-relaxation-secrets-i-swear-by-82029-30660356/#ixzz1qn67nBpL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....