Tuesday 22 May 2012

Argan Oil



As regular readers know, I have bad hair. It's dry, over-processed and quite frizzy. As a result, I spend more time and money trying to fix it than anything else in the beauty department. I therefore am a bit of an expert when it comes to hair treatments and conditioners. They are the absolute beauty staple of my life, and without conditioner I would never leave the house. Seriously. Well, maybe in a balaclava.


Anyway, every blog and magazine has mentioned Argan Oil (or Moroccan Oil) recently, claiming it worked miracles on dry hair. For some crazy reason, I ignored the reviews and advice, sticking to my trusty Kerastase products, with a bit of Philip Kingsley for dire hair days. But yesterday I was indulging in some retail therapy with my friend Rachel (she was cheering herself up with shopping, and I thought it would be rude not to join in), and tended up buying an Argan Oil hair treatment. There I was, advising Rachel on what hair products would suit her, already gorgeous hair best, when it caught me eye and I decided to see if the hype was true or just hot air.


So, after putting Fifi to bed, I washed my hair, conditioned it as normal and chucked on a healthy amount of the treatment oil. You just leave it to soak in, it doesn't rinse out, and style as normal. I didn't have the energy to do a blow dry, so just let it air dry (this is my normal styling routine), but have been overwhelmed by how soft and supple my hair is, and the extra gloss it seems to have acquired. The ends look much healthier and feel great, and there is barely any frizz, which is a miracle. Without a doubt, this is better than any serum or leave in conditioner I have ever tried. It is not greasy or heavy, and so far hasn't made my hair look or feel flat or lank. Trust me on this one, if you have dry hair give this stuff a go. There are lots of brands out there, but the details of the one that I tried are below.





Argan Oil Hair Treatment, £12.99 for 100ml, available from Boots

6 comments:

  1. I've also tried it, and agree with your review. My colourist told me a horror story though. Apparently, it can turn blondes into amber. So make sure you bought one for lighter hair colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To make sure coconut oil comes out of your hair always rub the shampoo on before you wet it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I love using Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil to take care of my hair which is curly and gets really frizzy but the oil tames it and smooths it down. Now I have shiny, soft and nourished hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post! Thank you. I simply love my Argan oil.. It may be expensive, but it sure works! Can't live without it..

    Argan oil is an excellent pampering beauty must-have for anyone who wants to have a good complexion (for both sexes) and smooth hair, cuticle and all that. Unfortunately, the oil is not well-known enough yet in the beauty world.

    Anyhow, I came across another very good and systematic article that enlists all the advantages of Argan Oil and how we can use it in our daily lives to improve our beauty the natural way: http://www.holisticlivingannex.com/2012/05/secret-of-argan-oil-for-beauty.html

    Cheers! Keep it up and write more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am searching for a hair treatment that can take care of my hair. I have never heard about this brand. But after reading your review i'hv decided to try argan oil. Hope this will make my hair smooth and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My skin gets very dry on my lower legs in the colder months and can be annoyingly itchy. I tried Argan oil last year and it soothed my skin and kept it moisturized. Search More

    ReplyDelete

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....