Friday 18 May 2012

Good to Glow



I am on an endless quest for glowing, healthy skin, and I'm sure I am not alone. That radiant, youthful skin that you see on models and celebrities is what I am after, yet find it pretty hard to reach. I have been trying to achieve this, seemingly impossible goal for years, and now have a few tools in my arsenal which help in my quest for glow!


You can't have healthy, glowy skin without starting with a good cleansing routine. This needs to be an everyday thing in order to reap the benefits. I wash my face with Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel or Chanel Sublimage Essential Comfort Cleanser, using the Clarisonic, and then exfoliate every other day. I have used Dermalogica Microfoliant for years, and love it, but if my skin is in need of a mega scrub, I use one by Philosophy called the Microdelivery Peel, which is much harsher but gets rid of all the dead skin cells. I don't tone, as it always seems a bit unnecessary if you have cleansed properly, and it can make my skin a bit dry.


To mix up the usual routine and inject a bit of radiance, I slap on a face mask after cleasning and exfoliating, to boost my skin. I have lots of favourites, depending on my skin condition at the time, but love Liz Earle Skin Brightening Mask, Korres Wild Rose Brightening Mask (I bought this in Greece for next to nothing, so if you are heading there on holiday, look out for it!) or Chantecaille Jasmin and Lily Healing Mask. If I'm really looking for good skin, I'll slap on Bliss Triple Oxygen Eye Masks or Klorane Soothing and Relaxing Eye Masks, to help get rid of dark circles and fine lines.


Next up is moisturiser. I always slap on some serum, I'm currently liking Oskia Get Up and Glow for radiance, and eye cream or gel (something light if you are going to apply make up). Benefit It's Potent or Soap and Glory Supereyes (a new find I reviewed yesterday) are both great for fresh looking eyes. I use a light moisturiser, such as Sisley Radiant Immediate Lift or Clarins Beauty Flash Balm all over my face and neck. I gently massage it in, and try and leave it for 15 minutes to absorb and boost my skin, before the onslaught of makeup begins.


Makeup wise, I start with a primer, such as Boots Airbrush Away (review here) or Urban Decay Brightening Primer before I use a foundation or tinted moisturiser (the latter gives a more dewy look, but less coverage, so not ideal for a night out.). I love Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser for that glowy finish. I then use an under eye concealer with light diffusing properties, my favourite is By Terry Touche Veloutee. This can also be used down the bridge of the nose to make it look smaller and add some light to the face.


In terms of blusher and bronzer, I try to use the most liquidy products available. My current top products are Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universal, applied with a sponge for a bit of definition in the hollows of my cheeks, with a creamy blush, such as Mac Cremeblend in Something Special or Stila Convertible Colour in Peony. I also like Nars Orgasm blusher in the cream format. The finishing touch to your skin, is a good highlighter. Benefit have a great range, I love Highbeam and Sunbeam which I rub into my cheekbones, under my brows and on the bridge of my nose. If these are not your thing, Mac strobe cream is a great alternative, and can be mixed though your foundation to add a bit of a glow to it. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks (I like Rose the most) also add sheen and colour, but in a powder form, if you prefer the longer lasting nature of powder.


With this look, I think a soft, sheer eye looks best. I am currently obsessed with Chanel Illusion D'Ombre eyeshadows, which are creamy mousses. My favourite colour is Emerville, a warm golden shade which looks fabulous on. A slick of mascara and your favourite lipgloss, and you are good to glow!




Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel, £25.50


Chanel Sublimage Cleanser, £68


Dermalogica Microfoliant, £38.50


Clarisonic, £120


Philosophy Microdelivery, £59


Liz Earle Skin Brightening Mask, £14.25


Korres Wild Rose Brightening Mask, £16  


Chantecaille Jasmin and Lily Healing Mask, £60 


Bliss Triple Oxygen Eye Masks, £39.80 


Klorane Soothing and Relaxing Eye Patches, £12.95


Oskia Get Up and Glow, £64.50


Benefit It's Potent, £23.50  


Soap and Glory Supereyes, £9


Sisley Radiant Immediate Lift, £127  


Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, £28


Boots Airbrush Away, £19.50

Urban Decay Brightening Primer Potion, £18


Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser, £33


By Terry Touche Veloutee, £35


Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universal, £29


Mac Cremeblend in Something Special, £17.50


Stila Convertible Colour in Peony, £16


Nars Cream Illuminator in Orgasm, £22


Benefit Highlight in Highbeam and Sunbeam, £18.50


Mac Strobe Cream, £12


Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, £30.50


Chanel Illusion D'Ombre, £22.50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....