Friday 20 July 2012

Bobbi Brown BB Cream

Good morning! First of all, I hope you like the new layout and design of the blog. I'm so pregnant that I can barely stand up, let alone do anything exciting, so I decided to get artistic yesterday, and this is the result. Enjoy!


Secondly, I promised you a review of the Bobbi Brown BB Cream at the weekend, and I'd hate to let you down, so here goes. My views on BB creams so far have been mixed. I love the concept, the combination of skin care, make up and SPF, but have had some issues with finding one that suits my skin tone, as they come in very few colours. Some have also had textures that haven't worked for me. I love the Estee Lauder one, and my mum is a fan of the Dior one (I bought it and it was soooo dark for my skin, I had to give it away!). The Garnier version has a great, sheerer texture than other brands, but again the colours are no good for and my very fair, yellow toned skin, and the same goes for the Superdrug one. Both are fab bargains if the shades work for you, giving a glowy, fresh finish.



So, onto the Bobbi Brown one. First up, she has nailed the gap in the market for much lighter BB creams, making a light and an extra light version, which are very fair. I went for the light shade, which is perfect for my skin, enough warmth to look healthy, not chalky. It has yellowish undertones, so ideal for anyone with warm colourings. It blends in beautifully, it's lighter than a foundation, so smooths over your face and blends really well. It gives great coverage, much better than most BB creams, and has a matte finish, that lasts all day, but still gives a glowy finish rather than a mask.



The promises are quite impressive, reducing dark spots and wrinkles to boosting collagen and protecting skin with an SPF 35.  I can't tell you whether it lives up to these promises yet, but it is the best BB I have tried so far. However, I have to be honest, I would definitely choose the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation....







Bobbi Brown BB Cream, £28. Available in shades Extra Light, Light, Fair, Medium and Medium Dark, online and from Bobbi Brown counters nationwide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....