Monday 16 July 2012

Touche Me then Try to Leave

There has been SO much hype over YSL's new Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation. Yves Saint Laurent  (soon to be known as Saint Laurent Paris or SLP) created a foundation along the same lines as the iconic Touche Eclat, a foundation that highlights the face rather than mask it. Brining glow to shadowy areas, it has been touted as a complexion enhancer. So, of course I had to give it a trial run!




And....drum roll please....I adore it! I think the term foundation is a little misleading, as it is nothing like a traditional foundation. It is very light and sheer, closer to a tinted moisturiser, but gives a little more coverage than you might expect. It adds a glow and freshness to skin, that I just love and struggle to get from normal foundations. It contains no powders, so doesn't look heavy or sit in creases on your skin (I find this can happen around my nose after an hour or two with a heavier foundation on). It also comes in a huge range of shades, which means it totally outclasses BB creams for me, which I struggle to match to my skin tone (very pale but warm, light always looks too chalky and medium is too dark, so annoying. I have the new Bobbi Brown version to test out this week though, so will report back soon!). YSL have broken the shades down in to 3 categories, Beige, Warm Beige (Beige D'ore) and Pink Beige (Beige Rose), which makes it really easy to get the right shade for your skin (I'm a BD20).

For my normal-ish skin (tired looking with a few breakouts and uneven tone), this is the best product I have tried in a very long time for getting healthy looking skin. Perfect for the summer, it blends beautifully and seamlessly. I have been using it with a cream blusher, a touch of Touche Eclat under my eyes and a slick of mascara, for a super fresh daytime look. 


YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation, £28, available online and at YSL counters nationwide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....