Monday 6 January 2014

Favourite Things

Having spent the last few weeks enjoying spending time with my family, I thought it was time to share a few of my favourite Christmas presents and purchases. I was so fortunate to receive some wonderful gifts this year (Mr. G did well!), and some brilliant beauty and make up bits and pieces, which, so far, are proving to be staples in my new year routine!

Charlotte Tilbury make up

Make up maestro Charlotte Tilbury has always been a huge source if inspiration to me. Her ability to wear lashings of eyeliner and sky high heels on a daily basis, combined with incredible talent in the make up world, make her one of my idols. She recently launched her own range of make up and skincare, and for Christmas I received a big bundle of goodies. I have been beyond impressed with every single product. The eye shadows are perfectly toned in their palettes, blend beautifully and last all day (I adore Uptown Girl), the Rock 'N' Kohl eyeliner sets and does not budge, the Eyebrow pencil guarantees perfect arches and Charlotte's Secret Cream is the best moisturiser I have tried in a very long time. I am truly impressed by every product, it's well worth a look if you fancy some new make up for the new year.




Zelens PHA+ Bio Peel Resurfacing Facial Pads

Shortly before Christmas, while wandering around my local Space Nk branch, these facial pads caught my eye, and I decided to splurge. Containing Alpha and Beta hydroxy acids, they promise brighter, clearer skin, with fewer wrinkles. I've been using them daily and have definitely started to see some impressive results. My skin looks smoother and brighter, despite eating and drinking far too much over Christmas.



Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede

A perfect present, as I adore perfume, this had quickly become my new favourite. Floral yet fresh, I adore this blousey fragrance with a hint of rose. It smells heavenly and definitely gets my mornings off to a good start!



L'Oreal mascara

Another purchase for myself, I ran out of mascara recently (shock horror!), and decided to try out a few high street brands I'd heard good things about. The two that have impressed me the most are both by L'oreal,  Miss Manga, their newest offering, and Telescopic. Both give amazingly full, long, defined lashes that rival any expensive brand on the market. The Telescopic is a wetter mascara, that takes a while to dry (don't sneeze!), but I adore it. Miss Manga adds volume and really gets into the lashes, especially the lower ones. Two coats of either is enough for full, fluttery lashes.


2 comments:

Please leave lots of comments or feedback! x

Read all about it....